Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Update #30 Race #52



KJ Motorsports

Update #30

Race #52

By Kenny Johnson
14 Oct 2008
This past weekend was the $5,000 to win show at Midway and they had 48 modifieds on hand. We were in group #5 and set fast time in our group. We started on the pole along side Dave Groves. Dave took the early lead on the high side and we were able to run with him by running the middle. On the 2nd lap he got a push and we were able to make the pass and go on to get the win. This put us 5th in the dash and we finished 5th. In the feature we started 5th and maintained 5th for a good little while racing on the bottom. I realized of a change that I considered making, but chose not to. I wish I had put more gear in the car to run the bottom, but I didn’t and I think it hurt our run. I did run the top, the middle and the bottom in an attempt to try and advance. In the end we wound up finishing 10th. I wasn’t real satisfied with the finish, but the car was in one piece and we’ll take notes on what to do for next year.
This weekend we will be going to K-C Speedway for the Dirt Track world Championship which pays the modifieds $3,000 to win. We qualify, run our heat races and consolation races on Thursday night. Then our feature is Saturday night before the big late model race. I love K-C and have high hopes for a really good run! Hope to see you there!
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support,
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment