Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Update #8 Race #8



KJ Motorsports

Update #8

Race #8

By Kenny Johnson
19 May 2009

Friday we went to Skyline and I’ll have to admit, I had high expectations. But it ended in disappointment. Pill draw put us starting 6th in the heat and we wound up finishing 4th. My foot was overpowering my brain and I was not going anywhere. In the feature some changes were made and I maintained better throttle control but finished a disappointing 7th place. The next morning I found another screw up on my part and that was I didn’t have the springs on the car that I thought I did. Skyline is a struggle, but I’m not helping it at all!
Saturday we went to K-C for all of the other tracks rained out. We made it to K-C and hot lapped and then the rain came and made things a muddy mess. The promoter waited the shower out and then began to run the track in. Some racers including myself went out to help the effort but it was all for not. I thought since he waited it out that he was committed to getting it in so I took our car out and got it terribly muddy just for him to give up. Next time I’ll wait in the trailer. But I need to thank Tim and Jake Cooper for coming out and washing the car. I’m certain they’ll be speaking up the next time I get the idea to go help run in the track. LOL
This weekend we plan on racing 3 nights. Friday we will be at Skyline and at the Valley on Saturday. Sunday Tyler County will be paying $3,000 to win and this will be a huge Modified show. Hope to see you there!
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support, KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment