Monday, August 16, 2010

Update #22 Race #36



KJ Motorsports
Update #22
Race #36

By Kenny Johnson
16 Aug 2010

Friday we went to Beckley for a Road Warrior Tour race paying $1,000 to win. Unfortunately they only had 14 cars, but they were 14 strong cars. We set fast time with a 14.94 and started on the pole of the heat beside Brett Hamilton. Brett and I ran door to door for one entire lap before I hit the brakes too hard and killed the engine entering turn 1. When the engine quit, it immediately turned me sideways and I spun out. Total mistake on my part and it costs us as you’ll see. We went to the tail and were able to make it back to 4th. This started us 7th in the feature, but on the 1st lap 2 cars almost spun in front of me, but we all saved it and kept going. The only problem was that we were now last and had to fight our way back with no cautions. We only made it back to 7th. I was disappointed in our finish and disappointed that I cost us a good run by spinning out in the heat race. I guess we haven’t had too many nights like this one, so I should consider ourselves fortunate. But I don’t, it still bugs me!
Saturday we went to the Valley for the Topless race paying $1,200 to win and also the Faster Pastor race, in which my Pastor from Lubeck Community Baptist Church was participating. But Mother Nature thought better of us getting to race. All we got to do is hot lap and get our cars muddy. They have rescheduled this race for Aug. 28th. Also want to say thanks for some High side Fans from KC coming down to watch, the Caplinger families and Bubba Branscom and his brothers. Hope they can make it back down on the 28th!
This weekend we will be at Skyline on Friday and KC on Saturday. So we hope to see you there! Also want to give a shout out to Wayne Cornell “WOC Designs” for maintaining and keeping our web site up to date! For those that read the updates, drop a note on our guestbook.
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support, KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment