Monday, June 20, 2011

Update #12 Race #16 & #17



KJ Motorsports
Update #12
Race #16 & #17

By Kenny Johnson
20 Jun 2011

I want to wish all of the dad’s out there, Happy Father’s Day. I got to spend most of the day with my dad. I also want to send condolences out to the McVey family for the loss of Pappy McVey. I will miss him!
Friday we went to Skyline and they had 25 cars. I drew pill #24 to start us 5th in the heat race. In hot laps the track was extremely slick and smooth. We made changes in the car to accommodate these conditions. Well after all of the hot laps & qualifying were over the turns rutted up and made for fast racing. We did not change the car back and it hindered us slightly but we got the heat race win. Feature time rolled around and we were starting 2nd along side of Andy Bond. Our car was working really well and we went on to get win #6 on the season.
Saturday we went to KC Speedway and they only had 16 cars, my pill draw skills have yet to prove themselves, for I drew #57 to start us 5th in the heat. We finished 2nd to Jeremy Berwanger and this would start us 3rd in the feature. Jeremy jumped out to the early lead and we got to 2nd but had nothing for Jeremy and had to settle for 2nd. Not a bad weekend, but not two wins like we’d like to have. But I’m not necessarily complaining!
This Friday is the 3rd Annual Greg Schilling Memorial at Skyline Speedway. If at all possible, I hope everyone can make it to this event. Not only is it a good race, but it’s also a fund raiser for the Greg Schilling Memorial Fund. Saturday we will be going to I-77 Speedway. We hope to see you there!
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support, KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment