Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Update #14 Race #20, #21 & #22



KJ Motorsports
Update #14
Race #20, #21 & #22

By Kenny Johnson
06 Jul 2011

Friday we went to Skyline and I drew pill #25 to start us 5th in the het race. We won heat #2 to start us on the outside pole along side Vince Conrad. We took the early lead and I was running the middle of the track. The next thing I know, here came Andy Bond on the highside and took the lead. I shot to the Highside as well and that line was quicker. Andy and I was nose to tail and unless he bobbled, there was no way I was going to pass him. With about 6 to go there was a caution and I dove low and tried to pass Andy, but after 3 or 4 laps he started inching away. I went back to the top to try and chase him down and overheated my right rear. JP Roberts passed me on the last lap to give us a 3rd place finish. The track was pretty nice all night long, with multiple grooves.
Saturday we went to Ohio Valley and drew pill #10 to start us on the outside pole of heat #2. We went on to win the heat, but the pill redraw put us starting 7th in the feature. We went on to get the win, but I only had to pass 2 cars to do it, for the others seem to take themselves out. Hate to see that, but we’ll take win #8!
Sunday we went back to I-77. We qualified a 14.10 to give us fast time. Started on the pole of the heat and won it to start us on the pole of the feature along side Vince Conrad. Vince took the early lead, but we eventually passed him and worked our way into lap traffic. My rear brakes had faded for I was running the cushion and was driving it in hard and using a lot of brake. So when it came time to maneuver in lap traffic, I couldn’t get the car turned. Vince passed me back in lap traffic. Once I got by the lap traffic, I went back to the high side and chased Vince back down. As I came off of turn 2 I got a heck of a run. Got up along side Vince down the back chute and just before we got into turn 3, I ended up in the wall, tearing up quite a bit of stuff. We limped it across the line to a 6th place finish. Have quite a bit of work done, but still have more to do to finish it.
We will be ready for the weekend. This weekend will be at Skyline on Friday and KC Speedway on Saturday. We hope to see you there!
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support, KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment