Monday, September 5, 2011

Update #19 Race #38 & #39



KJ Motorsports
Update #19
Race #38 & #39

By Kenny Johnson
05 Sep 2011

Friday we went to Beckley for the first time this year. They only had 13 cars and we set 4th fastest time. We won the 2nd heat to start us on the front row outside of the feature beside Andy Bond. Unfortunately, Andy broke on the first lap and took some other cars out with him. We were able to get the win over Joe Cox and Booger Garnes to make our 14th win of the year.
Saturday we went to Ohio Valley Speedway for the Faster Pastor race in which our Pastor, Mark Houser, participated in. Mark’s car had gotten a broken axle and made it very difficult to drive, but he drove it to the finish. We started on the outside pole of the 3rd heat and won the heat. I drew a #7 pill to start us on the outside pole alongside Andy Bond yet again. This time Andy would take the early lead and pull away from us while we maintained 2nd. I stayed on the high side which proved not to be the groove of choice for me. I finally moved to the bottom when I dropped back to 4th. I was attempting to advance and I got the car a little sideways off of turn 2 and a car behind me stopped to avoid hitting me. So they charged me with the caution and I went to the tail. There were only a few laps left and I finished a disappointing 14th.
This week we will be at Skyline on Friday and KC on Saturday, so we hope to see you there. To keep up to date the night of the race, follow us on Facebook under Kenny Johnson Motorsports.
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support, KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment