Monday, April 1, 2013

Update #2 Race #2

KJ Motorsports
Update #2
Race #2

By: Kenny Johnson                                                                                              Date: 04-01-13
           
            Saturday we went back to McCown’s Jackson County Speedway for race #2. Coop drew pill #14 to start us 4th in heat race #1. At the drop of the green flag, Tyler Evans who started on the pole got to turn #1 first and Bruce Dennis, who started on the outside pole was turning down into the inside lane behind Tyler, but I was already committed and I hit Bruce in the door causing myself and him to spin. A few other cars were collected but they said on the raceceivers that it would be a complete restart. But they pulled Bruce aside and credited him for the caution. From my viewpoint, I don’t think Bruce would have spun if I wouldn’t have gotten into him and really thought it would be a complete restart, but I was wrong. That moved us to the outside pole and we went on to get the heat win, starting us on the pole of the feature with Wade Benjamin on the outside pole and Roy Roush and Mark Dickson in row 2. We jumped out to the early lead but after just a few laps I saw I was having oil pressure issues and I finally had to shut it down. I’m looking into what the problem may be and hopefully can fix the problem by swapping out my pump. If not, we’ll be swapping engines out. Car was good, just needed a little luck.

            This weekend we plan to go to the Legendary Hilltop Speedway for the season opener on Friday and on Saturday we will be going to Ohio Valley Speedway for their season opener. We hope to see you there!     

            Please keep my dad and his family in your prayers for his sister Jewell McClanahan passed away Saturday morning. Also prayers are needed for my mom’s bro-in-law for he is dealing with some health issues. His name is Roger Parsons. It is much appreciated.

            On another note, 2 people I know have went to Coughlin Cars.com and told them they were there because they saw their name on my racecar. Both of them were given such a good deal that they both bought a new vehicle and drove over 70 miles to get it because the price was so much better than the local car lots. So if you are looking for a vehicle, new or used, go to Coughlincars.com of Chillicothe to see what kind of deal you can get!

            Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!

K-Graphics, Schilling Truss, JS Enterprises, Zemba Bros., Coughlin Cars.com, GP&S, Steve Balderson Construction, Sheet Metal Local 33, Octane Race Products, Poske’s Performance Parts, Out-Pace Race Products, Hypercoils, T&L Consulting, Carr Auto Glass, OVDTR, Hall’s Auto Repair, Billy Joe & Wanda Hammett, Bill & Patty Welch, Keyser Mfg., Shaw Race Cars, TSM Enhanced, Bazell Race Fuels, Hoosier, Aero Wheels, Wrisco Aluminum, Lubeck Community Baptist Church, Iglesia Bautista Jehova Yireh, Willy’s Carburetor’s, KSE Pumps, KRC.
           
Thanks again for your support,

KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment