Monday, May 13, 2013

KJ Motorsports Update #8 Race #14

KJ Motorsports Update #8 Race #14
By: Kenny Johnson
Date: 05-13-13

Friday, Mother Nature was the big winner. Saturday we had our going away party at the garage for Lexi. Thanks to Todd Lambiotte and Tim Cooper for helping to get the party set up. Also thanks to Keith Emrick for an awesome tribute banner! Saturday night we headed to McCown’s Jackson County Speedway where Mother Nature provided the track prep. We set 4th fast time out of 29 cars. This put us on the outside pole of the heat race beside Roy Roush. We finished 2nd and this would put us starting 4th. It was a tight battle for a while, but once Roy took the lead, he took off and left Tanner Wilson, Travis Dickson and myself to battle for 2nd place. Travis wound up 2nd and we got 3rd. I am missing something on my set up that has us a bit off. But it appears everyone is a bit off with their set up when Roy is there. He is definitely on a roll! I was also asked to drive the #427 Helterbran/Adams street stock ride. We started outside pole of the 2nd heat and was driving away with the win until. . . . . . . I thought the race was over. . . . . (I deserve whatever harassing I get) I let off the gas off of turn two and was coasting down the back chute and almost went off the track until I saw the 2nd place car go flying by me and I noticed the yellow light was not on. I looked over to the front chute and saw the flagman getting ready to show us 1 lap to go. . . .I got 2nd and expected to be fired. But they gave me a mulligan. They made a couple of adjustments to the car and we started 4th in the feature. By the time we passed for 2nd Davey Akers had a several car length lead and we finished 2nd. Now maybe, just maybe if I wouldn’t have screwed up in my heat and would have started front row of the feature, I might have won the feature for them. But instead my bonehead move cost us a win! Hopefully I’m not fired! Thanks to the #427 team for allowing me to drive it! For those that want to see this past Saturday’s racing can go to youtube and in search, type in StreetStockGirl and start looking for the May 11 date and you see some great videos.This week I am uncertain where we will be racing. I suggest going to facebook “kenny johnson motorsports” and Coop will let you know later in the week. Wherever we go, we hope to see you there!This week, I want to give a shout out to Poske’s Performance Parts and all guys and gals that work there. For all you off road and racing needs you can visit www.poske.com or call 1-800-430-RACE and they will hook you up! Thanks again for all your help!Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!K-Graphics, Schilling Truss, JS Enterprises, Zemba Bros., Coughlin Cars.com, GP&S, Steve Balderson Construction, Sheet Metal Local 33, Octane Race Products, Poske’s Performance Parts, Out-Pace Race Products, Hypercoils, T&L Consulting, Carr Auto Glass, OVDTR, Hall’s Auto Repair, Billy Joe & Wanda Hammett, Bill & Patty Welch, Keyser Mfg., Shaw Race Cars, TSM Enhanced, Bazell Race Fuels, Hoosier, Aero Wheels, Wrisco Aluminum, Lubeck Community Baptist Church, Iglesia Bautista Jehova Yireh, Willy’s Carburetor’s, KSE Pumps, KRC.

Thanks again for your support,

KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment