Monday, August 19, 2013

KJ Motorsports Update #18 Race #36

KJ Motorsports Update #18 Race #36
By: Kenny Johnson
Date: 08-19-13

Friday, was graduation day at Parris Island and what an amazing thing to see. For those of us that have never been in the military, we really don’t have any idea what military folks go through to provide us our freedom and to see the transformation of a child to an adult go much quicker than normal. Pretty special time and I’m thankful I got to be a part of it. Saturday we went to I-77 Raceway Park where we set fast time and won the first heat to start us on the pole of the feature. We took the lead from the get go and I was thinking to myself about how good the car was handling. I changed my line going into turn one slightly, but let the car get too sideways and I tried to catch it, but it was too far gone and I looped it around all by myself. No one to blame but myself; wasn’t getting pressure from anyone; wasn’t doing anything stupid, like running the highside bouncing off the wall or anything. . . . Just made a huge mistake and cost us what would have potentially been a win. My apologies to all! This weekend, we will be at Skyline and Ohio Valley, so we hope to see you there! This week, I want to give a shout out to my racetrack Mom, Sarah Bond! I called her Mom for several years and she treated me like one of her very own! I always made it a point to go see her in the stands and get my hug and allow her to harass me. She was a diehard racer and her kids carry that same trait. This weekend is the Sarah Bond “Big 3” paying $2,000 to win for each class. Many names will stand throughout the Mid-Ohio Valley, but most of those names are racecar drivers. But Sarah “Mom” Bond will be a name that will be remembered by many in the racing community. Love ya Mom Bond!

Thanks again for all of your support! Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!

K-Graphics, Schilling Truss, JS Enterprises, Zemba Bros., Coughlincars.com, Steve Balderson Construction, Sheet Metal Local 33, Octane Race Products, Poske’s Performance Parts, Out-Pace Race Products, Hypercoils, T&L Consulting, Carr Auto Glass, OVDTR.com, Hall’s Auto Repair, Billy Joe & Wanda Hammett, Bill & Patty Welch, Keyser Mfg., Shaw Race Cars, TSM Enhanced, Bazell Race Fuels, Hoosier, Aero Wheels, Wrisco Aluminum, Lubeck Community Baptist Church, Iglesia Bautista Jehova Yireh, Willy’s Carburetor’s, KSE Pumps, KRC.

Thanks again for your support,

KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment