Monday, April 7, 2014

KJ Motorsports Update ‪#‎5 Race‬ #4

KJ Motorsports Update ‪#‎5 Race‬ #4

Friday we didn’t get to go anywhere, for Mother Nature won again! Saturday, all local AMRA tracks had cancelled and there were just a few options available and we chose to head on up to Hilltop Speedway in Millersburg, OH. It had been since 2011 since we raced up there. We set 3rd fast time and started on the outside pole of heat #1. On the first start I took the lead off of turn 2, but a caution would come out. On the 2nd restart, I was the caution, for I over drove it in turn 1 and spun out. Went to 7th and wound up finishing 4th. This started us 7th in the feature and I decided to make a change to see if the car would perform differently. The first few laps I was stuck on the bottom, but once I got to the top, we started picking off the positions all the way up to 2nd. The leader, Tanner Wilson had almost a straight-a-way lead and we were slowly closing the gap. But a caution came out and bunched us together. A lap later we passed for the lead, but as we came up on a lap car, he looped it in turn 3 and I really thought that both mine and his would be totaled. But I somehow managed to hit the wall and that slowed me down and kept me just short of hitting him. Although we had some pretty good damage, I was able to continue and we held off the challengers of Booger Garnes and Jesse Wisecarver to get win #2 of the season. But, this is the 3rd week in a row that I have lots of sheet metal work, fun, fun! It will also be the 3rd week in a row that Keith Emrick at K-Graphics will have to make decals!

This week we plan to go to Pennsylvania Motor Speedway in Pittsburgh, PA on Thursday for a $1,000 to win NDRL show. We will be taking Frankie Hall’s modified. Then on Friday we will be at Legendary Hilltop Speedway and Atomic Speedway on Saturday. Hope to see you all there!

I want to give a shout out this week to Keith Emrick of K-Graphics. Keith has been with me since the Cooper Signs days, then he made it his business in 1999 and has supported me ever since. He’s a great friend and a great sponsor. Give Keith a call at 304-428-2685 for any sign needs and mention you heard about him from KJ Motorsports. As a reminder, I have placed an order for T-shirts ($20) and they are working on the artwork. If you want to be assured of getting your size, e-mail me at iamraicng@yahoo.com with your quantity and sizes. I’ll be sharing the artwork, once it is finalized.

Thanks for your support Remember, to make this work, support those that support us!

K-Graphics, Hall’s Auto Repair, Schilling Truss, JS Enterprises, Zemba Bros., Coughlincars.com, Steve Balderson Construction, Sheet Metal Local 33, Casey’s Landscaping, LLC, Octane Race Products, Poske’s Performance Parts, Out-Pace Race Products, Hypercoils, Tom & Pam Lemon, Carr Auto Glass, OVDTR.com, Billy Joe & Wanda Hammett, Bill & Patty Welch (RIP), Keyser Mfg., Shaw Race Cars, TSM Enhanced, Bazell Race Fuels, Hoosier, Aero Wheels, Wrisco Aluminum, Lubeck Community

No comments:

Post a Comment