Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Kenny Johnson is one of Fifteen Inaugural Members Selected to Represent the Class of 2014 and be Inducted into the Dirt Modified Hall of Fame



Below you will see an e-mail I received from Cody Watson, the founder of DMHoF (Dirt Modified Hall of Fame). Something that was established this year in an effort to recognize and honor those who have contributed to modified racing in some fashion. I am honored to say, that I am one of the inductees in the inaugural class of 2014. Now in saying that, I believe that I did not get this on my own and wish there was a way that I could share this honor with others that have helped to put me where I am at the moment. So I want to take this time and acknowledge those that have impacted my success during my 15 years in modified racing and I hope not to leave anyone out.

Dad & Mom, Tommy & Regina Powell, Tom & Vickie Powell, Shane Thomas, Shirley Paul Keffer, Gene & Ann Casto, Tim Cooper, Chad Nelson, Jason Canepari, Keith Emrick, Steve Balderson, Billy Lloyd, Kevin & Kenny Rogers and John Carvillano with Throw'n Dirt Racecars, Tod Buckhalter, Jerry Haseleu & Rick Strickler with Hassy Chassis, Larry Shaw Racecars, Jr. Nolan with 2 Brothers Motorsports, Steve Davis, Dustin Jarrett, Brian and Chris Ferrell of Flash Productions, Mike & Ralph Whited, Tom Willoughby, Bill Shortridge, Randy Rapp of Rapp's Chevron, AMRA, Bill and Pam Hayes, Tom and Pam Lemon, The Crew at Poske's Performance Parts along with all of my current sponsors: K-Graphics, Hall’s Auto Repair, Schilling Truss, JS Enterprises, Zemba Bros., Coughlincars.com, Steve Balderson Construction, Sheet Metal Local 33, Octane Race Products, Poske’s Performance Parts, Out-Pace Race Products, Racers Edge Supplements, Hypercoils, Carr Auto Glass, OVDTR.com, Billy Joe & Wanda Hammett, Bill & Patty Welch (RIP), Keyser Mfg., Shaw Race Cars, TSM Enhanced, Bazell Race Fuels, Hoosier, Aero Wheels, Wrisco Aluminum, Lubeck Community Baptist Church, Iglesia Bautista Jehova Yireh, Willy’s Carburetor’s, KSE Pumps, KRC.

Of course I can't leave out the FANS that have supported me in many ways from cheering me on to offering to help when needed.
Being inducted into the DMHoF is not just for me, but for each and every one of you and I want to say thank you for being a part of it!


Dirt Modified's are one of the most popular racing divisions across America with more memberships than any other division nationwide. The individuals who achieved greatness in this division deserve and need a Hall of Fame to recognize them for their honor and hard work. Thus, in 2014 the DMHoF was born and fifteen original members are set to be honored this season on May 24th & 25th. We look to annually induct another six racers.

So without further ado, CONGRATS, you were one of just fifteen inaugural members that were selected to represent the Class of 2014 and be inducted into the Dirt Modified Hall of Fame. The presentation and induction will be on May 24th at the Tyler County Speedway as part of the "LET IT RIDE 55" Weekend, the Renegades of Dirt's biggest touring event of the season.

As part of the Hall of Fame; you will be honored on Saturday afternoon from 1pm to 3pm with a special gathering for you & family as well as any other sponsors or affiliates. We will also be getting some group photos for future use and marketing purposes. Furthermore, as part of the this Kenny will receive a commemorative plaque for his memories and marks left on the division and the sport. The presentation is open to anyone in the general public. You will also be brought out on the front stretch on Sunday night during the opening ceremonies and will be recognized in front of the large crowd on hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment