Monday, August 25, 2014

KJ Motorsports Update #25 Race #46 & #47

08/24/14

Friday we were at Legendary Hilltop Speedway and again set 4th fastest time to start us on the outside pole of heat #1 beside Jason Brookover. We got the heat win to start us on the pole of the feature. Robbie Evans took the early lead and we ran 2nd for a while, until on a restart, I opted to go high and Tyler Evans got under me. A little later on JP Roberts passed us to give us a 4th place finish. There was a couple of changes that may have bit us and another thing we didn’t change, that I wish we would have. But we can always make better decisions after the fact. . . . LOL

Saturday we went to Atomic Speedway, where we set fast time, started on the pole of heat #1 and won it, then started on the pole of the feature alongside Fireball Pinkerton. Fireball got the early lead and the preferred line. We followed closely making runs at him, but never able to make a pass. The track has some rough spots in it and we managed through it most of the night. Until. . . . 5 laps to go on a restart I caught a rut in turn 3 and that started me barrel rolling and I cleared the yuke tires and got up into the catch fence and tore it down and landed on my roof. I was trapped and could not get out. I’ll be honest here. . . I have never been a afraid of racing or wrecking in any way shape or form. But when I was trapped upside down and fuel was pouring out, I had fear for the first time ever. I tried not to panic, but I was very anxious for them to get me rolled over so I could get out. As soon as the rescue guys got there, I shared my concern and they got fire extinguishers ready just in case. But in the end, I got out fine and the rescue guys were prepared and the EMT’s were willing to check me out, but of course I opted out of that. . . LOL! But again, as unfortunate as it is, it’s part of racing and we’ll assess where we are and will be back out soon. I plan to take this weekend (Labor Day Weekend) off and work on the car to get us ready to race on 9/5/14. Appreciate all of the text, phone calls and e-mails checking on me. The racing family is a strong family!

This week I want to give a shout out to the Greg Schilling Memorial Fund. This past Saturday was the Greg Schilling Memorial golf outing. It was a huge turn out and was a huge success at raising money. The Schilling Family has utilized this memorial fund to provide scholarships to both Fort Frye and Waterford high schools each year and have also handed out money to families in need. To date, they have handed out over $39,000. That is a huge tribute to Greg, whom I miss dearly! Love ya Brother!

This weekend we will be at the garage, busy, very busy. So we hope to see you there! LOL

Remember, to make this work, support those that support us!

K-Graphics, Hall’s Auto Repair, Schilling Truss, JS Enterprises, Zemba Bros., Coughlincars.com, Steve Balderson Construction, Sheet Metal Local 33, Octane Race Products, Poske’s Performance Parts, Out-Pace Race Products, Racers Edge Supplements, Phantom Racing Gear, Hypercoils, Tom & Pam Lemon, Carr Auto Glass, OVDTR.com, Billy Joe & Wanda Hammett, Bill & Patty Welch (RIP), Keyser Mfg., Shaw Race Cars, TSM Enhanced, Bazell Race Fuels, Hoosier, Aero Wheels, Wrisco Aluminum, Lubeck Community Baptist Church, Iglesia Bautista Jehova Yireh, Willy’s Carburetor’s, KSE Pumps, KRC.

OVDTR — Covering Dirt Track Racing in Ohio & West VirginiaCovering Dirt Track Racing in Ohio & West Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment