Monday, April 28, 2008

Update #6



Update #6

By: Kenny Johnson, 28 April 2008 
Friday we went back to Skyline hoping to better our last weeks finish. We made a few changes and the first was to find someone else to draw a pill besides me. Dad picked this week’s pill and started me one row closer which wasn’t much better but he’s not fired yet. Started 6th in the heat and finished 3rd in a 3 way battle for the win with Booger Garnes and Mark Dickson. Started 7th in the feature and moved to 4th but didn’t have anything for the top 3 and I faded enough that on the last lap we got passed to finish 5th in the feature. We chose to stay after the races and try some things out. I made several laps and then Jason Canepari got in it and made some laps and last but not least Dad got in it. For not having been in a car for several years he showed he still has it in him. But I think next time we’ll get him a few cushions so he can see over the dash. LOL. He looked like a little kid sitting in there.
Saturday we went to Ohio Valley Speedway. We set fast time and won the first heat. After the heat they have a redraw for the top 2 finishers and Kim drew our pill to start us 4th in the feature. On the first lap outside pole sitter, Doug Henry, broke. So, on the next restart I started on the outside pole. We took the lead on lap 2 and never looked back. The car was absolutely awesome and I just love the Valley! Tod and Tony from Hassy Chassis made it down to be there for our first win of the year.
Along with Hassy Chassis and Racersmate, I’d like to thank K-Graphics, Dickson Racing Shocks, Balderson Construction, H&S Construction, Laurita Excavating, Zemba Bros., Gene’s Trailer Sales, Billy Lloyd Racing Engines, WOC Designs & Billy Joe and Wanda Hammett. Also need to thank Jason Canepari and Tim Cooper for all of their help and dedication to making us a winning team. Without the 2 of them it would be nearly impossible to race!
This weekend we will be going to Skyline on Friday and Saturday we will be taking the mod to Zanesville where I will also be driving a late model. I just love pulling double duty, but if I don’t do well in either car, that just means I will be double aggravated!
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support,
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment