Sunday, May 23, 2010

Update #10 Race #12 & #13



KJ Motorsports

Update #10

Race #12 & #13

By Kenny Johnson
23 May 2010

I want to start off by saying, Dad spent Wednesday thru Monday in the hospital. He had some bleeding ulcers that caused him to lose some blood and made him very weak. They stopped the bleeding and gave him some blood and is on the road to recovery. Thursday we headed off to Elkins for another opportunity to race against Kenny Wallace. Kenny and I started on the tail of the heat (7th and 8th) and I finished 5th and he finished 6th. I was not very pleased with the car, for it was not fast at all. So we changed springs, shocks, wedge, engine location and we even threw the kitchen sink at it. We started 9th in the feature and passed our way to 3rd. I was please with the progress and now we have a baseline to take back in July for a Road Warrior Tour race. Kenny Wallace wound up finishing 4th. Tom Lemon made his first visit to Elkins with Tim and I and we put him right to work. I figure next time Tom will know to take a vacation day when we race on a week night. . . LOL
Friday’s racing was rained out and Saturday’s entire racing was called off except K-C Speedway. They had 40 cars and we started 6th in our heat race. The track was a little rough from the heavy rains they got the night before. So I went to the high side above the rough and took the lead and went on to win the heat race. This started us on the pole of the feature along side of Adam Jordan. Adam took the early lead and again I was forced to the high side to take the lead back then I moved to the low side where it was a little smoother. We managed to take the win and the $600 pay day. We met up with some new fans Bob Morris and company and visited some old fans, Tony “Sucker Man” and crew. K-C has some great race fans and aren’t bashful about letting me know they like watching me race. Sure makes me want to go back! Thanks to all of you!
Well, if Mother Nature cuts us some slack this weekend, we will be doing double features at Skyline on Friday and again double features at Tyler County on Saturday and then on to West Virginia Motor Speedway on Sunday for the Dickson Classic. So if you can make it all 3 nights you can see 5 features. I hope we can keep it maintained all weekend. So we hope to see you there!
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support, KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment