Monday, May 3, 2010

Update #7 Race #5 & #6



KJ Motorsports

Update #7

Race #5 & #6

By: Kenny Johnson
03 May 2010

First off I want to wish my Mom and Dad a Happy 44th Wedding Anniversary, which was last Friday. Dad always said they married for better or for worse. His words are, she couldn’t have done any better and he couldn’t have done any worse. . . LOL I’m certain mom would disagree. Love you both! Friday we went to K-C for $1,000 to win. They had 36 modifieds and we set 2nd fast time overall and in our group as well. They inverted the top 4 in each heat, which started us 3rd. Based on the last time we were there I thought more gear would help us in the slick, so I put more gear in it and I was WRONG! The car was gear bound and I finished 4th. This started us 13th in the feature. At the start of the feature our car started smoking, I knew what it was, and it was a valve cover gasket. I ignored the smoke and continued to race. Car was really, really good! We made it to 3rd and were pressuring Bobby Kitchen for 2nd, when my oil pressure started fluctuating with 5 laps to go. I made the judgment call to shut it down and pull to the infield. This cost us a great finish and maybe even a win. But if I had stayed out for 5 more laps, I may have lost an engine, which costs way more than the $1,000 to win. The car was a total mess with all of the oil under it. I went to Sean Schobelock’s garage to get it washed and cleaned up. We finished up around 2:30 am or so.
Saturday got up and started it after changing the oil and the oil pressure was fine. So we went to Roosters in Chillicothe to eat with some friends and then headed home because K-C cancelled due to rain. Saturday night we wound up going to Tyler, because it looked the best weather wise. I dumbed up and drew my pill which started us last in our heat race. I started 8th and made it up to a 4th place finish. This starts us 7th in the feature which got rained out, so we will have double features next Saturday. I’d also like to thank all the fans that we have acquired while racing at K-C and it is one of my favorite tracks to race at and we get a lot of good feedback from the fans. THANKS!
This weekend we will be going to Skyline on Friday and will have to go back to Tyler for double features on Saturday. Hope to see you there! Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support, KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment