Sunday, April 25, 2010

Update #6 Race #4



KJ Motorsports

Update #6

Race #4

By Kenny Johnson
25 Apr 2010

Friday night we went to skyline for their season opener. They had 26 cars and Kim drew me pill #3. This started me on the pole of the 3rd heat. We went on to win the heat race, so we started 3rd in the feature. Booger Garnes started on the pole, Ricky Venham on the outside pole. Ricky took the early lead and I raced Booger for 2nd for several laps. I finally made it past Booger and had to chase down Ricky. I caught Ricky and with 2 laps to go we were side by side. After we took the white flag I passed him going down the back chute. I entered turn 3 and 4 on the bottom and as I came off of 4 I was still ahead of Ricky. But as I went down the front chute I was in the gas a little too hard and spun my tires and this allowed Ricky to pull up beside me just as we crossed the checkered flag. Ricky beat me by just a bumper. It made for a good race for the fans, but 2nd isn’t the position I wanted, but it is better than 3rd. Congrats to Ricky and team, for he drives a Canepari Chassis, built by Jason Canepari who also works out of our shop.
All of Saturday’s racing got rained out. So next weekend we plan to go to K-C Speedway on Friday and Saturday. They are paying $1,000 to win on Friday and $2,000 to win on Saturday. We hope to see you there! On a sad note, Keith Emrick of K-Graphics mother-in-law passed away Thursday night. Please keep Keith and Connie in your prayers.
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support, KJ


No comments:

Post a Comment