Sunday, April 4, 2010

Update #3 Race #1



KJ Motorsports

Update #3

Race #: 1

By Kenny Johnson
04 Apr 2010

Date: 4-4-10 We went to Tyler County Speedway for their season opener. They had 17 mods and I drew a #14 to start us on the outside pole of the 2nd heat. When they threw the green I stood on the gas and spun my tires and got a horrible start. A yellow occurred and it was a complete restart. So this time I gradually applied the gas pedal and seemed to maintain with the pole setter. But the pole setter was crowding me up the track and we rubbed on one another up the front chute, but it caused me to spin sideway in front of the field. Unfortunately we gave Mike McPherson no where to go. He was able to finish the race, but we broke and upper control arm. Fixed what we could and started 17th in the feature. Worked our way up to 7th place and I thought the car was coming on good, until we got a right rear flat. We got a DNF and were paid for 12th. Not the way to start the year, but we’ll be back out again next weekend.
Next Saturday we’ll be heading to K-C Speedway for the first Road Warrior Tour race. Hope to see you there.
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us! Thanks again for your support,
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment