Sunday, April 11, 2010

Update #4 Race #2



KJ Motorsports

Update #4

Race #2

By Kenny Johnson
11 Apr 2010

Saturday we went to K-C for the first AMRA Road Warrior Tour race. They had 52 cars and they did group qualifying. We set fast time in our group and we also set 4th fastest time out of the 52. We sat on the pole of the 3rd heat race and took the lead going into turn 1. But I allowed the car to get a throttle push and it pushed all the way turn 2 which let 3 cars pass me by. I battled my way back to 3rd and was working on 1st and 2nd until I got a right front flat. This forced me to start 13th in the B-main and they were only taking 2. I managed to get 2nd, which transferred us into the 20th and last starting spot. The first half of the race I somewhat laid back, not pushing the car for I did not want to overheat my tires. But the last half I opened it up and we fought our way to a 4th place finish. I acquired some new fans from the Chillicothe area for the run we had. But I also acquired an enemy or two as well. In the consi I was bound and determined to get to a top 2 finish to put us in the feature. I ran high and low passing whenever I could. But this one instance I slid up in front of JP Roberts and like me, he was racing hard as well and I caused him to ramp over my right rear and then he hit the wall tearing his car up. I did not intentionally mean to tear anyone up. I can’t make an excuse for it, but an apology doesn’t fix someone’s car. When I race hard like I do, 9 times out of 10 the car I tear up is my own, but this time it was someone else’s. We’ll see what next week brings.
Next week will be the opening nights for Skyline on Friday and Ohio Valley on Saturday and we plan to be at both. We hope to see you there!
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support, KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment