Thursday, September 23, 2010

Update #27 Race #44 & #45



KJ Motorsports
Update #27
Race #44 & #45

By Kenny Johnson
23 Sep 2010

We spent 3 days at Skyline for 2 Road Warrior Tour races. We set 4th fastest time on night one and sat on the pole of the heat race and got the win. This started us 4th in the feature and we moved right into 2nd place. We could not reel in the first place car and we got passed with 3 laps to go to give us a 3rd place finish. In hind sight I blame our tire selection for our finish. Although it is respectable, it wasn’t what we were looking for. For the 2nd show the track wasn’t like any other time at Skyline this year. The track got real abrasive and bolted down black. When I went out to qualify, I was laying down a real good lap until coming off of turn #4, I smacked the wall. We still managed an 8th fastest time to start us outside pole of the 4th heat. We took the lead coming off of turn 2, but by the time we got back to turn 2 again, we were in 4th. There was a single black lane that was fast and if you got out of the black, like I did, you were going backwards, again like I did. I got back down in the black and passed for 3rd and that is where we finished. That started us 12th in the feature and I knew it would be follow the leader and wait for someone to get out of line. One car spun out and we passed 5 others to finish 6th. Not the weekend I was looking for, but car is still good and respectable finishes for the competition we had.
Thanks to the Lemon family for the use of their vehicle all weekend. This weekend we are at Ohio Valley Speedway on Saturday. So we hope to see you there!
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support, KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment