Monday, July 7, 2008

Update #16 Race #29 & #30



KJ Motorsports

Update #16

Race #29 & #30 

By Kenny Johnson
07 Jul 2008
KJ Motorsports Update #16 Race #29 & #30 By: Kenny Johnson Date: 7-7-08
Mother Nature won quite a bit this weekend! Thursday and Friday Road Warrior Tour shows were both cancelled fro the rain. Saturday we were supposed to go to I-77 for a Road Warrior Tour race, but the track cancelled the sanctioned race, for they were unable to pay the RWT purse. Based on the weather conditions and track conditions, we opted to stay close to home and run the Valley. I drew a pill to start us 5th in the second heat and we were able to come up to finish 2nd. Did the pill redraw to start us 3rd in the feature, but Mother Nature showed up and it wasn’t rain, it was fog. So we will have double features next week.
Somewhat against my better judgment Cooper persuaded me to go to Midway. They were having the Jim Dunn Memorial race for late models. They pay the mod’s $700 to win but they pull pills. Well the pill pull, I put it all on Cooper and I thought he let me down. We started 6th in the 2nd heat and I shot to the outside and took the lead about 3 laps into it. This started us on the outside pole of the feature. Took the lead about 2 to 3 laps into it and recorded win #5. Need to thank Cooper for talking me into it. Of course you may know he didn’t have to work too hard at convincing me. Although on the way home I met Bambi’s mom and she was introduced to my left rear truck fender and then the side of the trailer! That $700 to win sure seemed to dwindle away pretty fast. We got home and in bed at 2:03 am. I’ll be keeping the caffeine in me today!
This week we will be at Skyline on Friday and back to the Valley for double features. Saturday night will also be the Mike ‘”Bubba” Whited memorial for the mini wedges. I’ll be presenting the trophies with his wife Ralph! Hope to see ya there!
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support,
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment