Sunday, July 27, 2008

Update #19 Race #35 & #36



KJ Motorsports

Update #19

Race #35 & #36

By Kenny Johnson
27 Jul 2008
KJ Motorsports Update #19 Race #35 & #36 By: Kenny Johnson Date: 7-27-08 We started our weekend on Thursday by going to Muskingum County Speedway for $1,000 to win. Dad drew us a great pill to start us on the outside pole of the first heat. We got the win and this put us on the pole of the feature. I was somewhat hesitant for I really didn’t think the car was that good in the heat. I made some changes but as I somewhat figured I wasn’t that good. Part of the problem was our tire compound choice and we were also trying a new suspension part. I faded back several positions and at the halfway point decided to pull off for I was not going to gain any more money. So unfortunately we had a DNF.
Friday we changed the car around in hopes of finding the set up to get us back on track. We went to Skyline and since dad stayed home I had to find someone to draw my pill. I went to 13 year old Reilly Benson (sprint car driver Brian Benson’s daughter) to pull my pill. Did I ever make a good choice, for she got us the #1 pill. We started the pole of the first heat and won to put us on the pole of the feature. We took the early lead and I was running the light poles. Yes, I said I was running the very bottom. I’ll tell ya it wasn’t easy but I did stay there the entire race. With 2 laps to go, Rick Aukland passed us on the outside. That rarely happens for I am the one on the outside. But I was happy with the 2nd place finish.
Saturday we got up early to head to Stateline Speedway near Jamestown, NY. It was a 5 hour and 45 minute tow. We got the car unloaded and changed some things around. The track crew heavily watered the track and then we had a rain shower. One thing led to another and at 9:40 pm we were headed home. That’s an awful long way to get rained out, not including the $350 in diesel fuel. At this time we do not know when the make up date is.
Well this is the big weekend and one we have been waiting for a year now. It is the Harley race at Brushcreek Speedway which pays $10,000 to win or a new Harley Davidson. We finished 2nd last year and it was a heck of a race. I hope we can make another good race out of it again. I am expecting more cars this year and it definitely won’t be an easy one to win, but we’ll give it everything we have! If you want to see a great modified show, you should plan on making this trip. We have a $1,000 to win show Friday at Brushcreek and then the $10,000 to win on Saturday.
We hope to see you there! Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support,
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment