Sunday, July 13, 2008

Update #17 Race #31 & #32



KJ Motorsports

Update #17

Race #31 & #32

By Kenny Johnson
13 Jul 2008
KJ Motorsports Update #17 Race #31 & #32 By: Kenny Johnson Date: 7-13-08 Friday we went to Skyline and the night started out great when Dad drew us a #4 pill to start us on the pole of the 2nd heat. I felt like we would have a shot at winning the heat. I made all of the changes for a slick track except one. Tim and Jason both mentioned the one additional change and I said, we’ll just wait and make that one in the feature. Well I wish we would have made it because the car was too tight on entry. I was running 2nd to Jeremy Berwanger and I was forcing the car to turn and wound up spinning it out. Went to the tail and brought it back to 5th. We made the changes for the feature and were starting 9th. With our past runs at Skyline I felt good about having a good run. For some reason the car would not go, it would not hook up? We wound up finishing a disappointing 8th place. I left there scratching my head!
Saturday we went back home to Ohio Valley for double features. We started 3rd in the fog out feature and when the green flew I knew we were going to struggle. The car had no drive and we managed to hang on to a 4th place finish. So we made some changes for the heat race in which we were starting the outside pole. We luckily finished a 2nd place, but the car wasn’t that good! With a pill draw we started 5th in the feature. Jason and Tim made multiple changes just to see if we could find something. End result was that we were still not that good. We came off of turn 4 for the white flag and the right front lower ball joint snapped. Lucky we kept it out of the wall and were able to get it off the racetrack for a DNF. All in all a real frustrating weekend and we will be sorting thru everything on the car to see if we can identify any problems.
Saturday I found we had many visitors that came down to see me race. A group from work came down. My sister and her family and even my Mom who hasn’t been to a race in quite a while. Also saw Jimmy Simmons and his twin girls and Michael Willoughby. This was the Bubba Whited Memorial race for the mini wedges and the winner of the race was longtime friends of Mike and Ralph #25 Ronnie Pickens.
Definitely need to thank Tim and Jason for all of their hard work and effort! Without the 2 of them I don’t think I could do this! This weekends schedule will change and I’ll post it later. I do know Tyler will not be running on Thursday, they are scheduled for the regular racing night on Saturday. Once I decide what we are doing, I will let you know.
Remember! To make this work, support those that support us! Thanks again for your support,
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment