Sunday, August 24, 2008

Update #23 Race #43 & #44



KJ Motorsports

Update #23

Race #43 & #44

By Kenny Johnson
24 Aug 2008
KJ Motorsports Update #23 Race #43 & #44 By: Kenny Johnson Date: 8-24-08 Friday we went to Skyline and Dad continued his streak in drawing me a good pill. We started front row outside of the 3rd heat. We won the heat to start us 3rd in the feature. We took the early lead and managed a little distance. As the race went on Louie Krushansky was able to make the middle work and my high line was working my right rear tire. I knew the tire was getting hot and at that point my run for the lead ended. We managed to hold on to 2nd for a good solid finish.
Saturday we went to the Valley for the Topless race paying $1,200 tow in. We set 3rd fastest time. We started on the pole of the 3rd heat and won the heat. The pill redraw put us starting 3rd. We were running 3rd behind Bird Wilson and pressure him pretty good, but he had the line each time I tried to get under him. As the race was winding down I again worked my right rear tire too much trying to pass Bird. So we got a 3rd place finish. A solid weekend, but of course I prefer a winning weekend. Making their way to the Valley was co-workers Craig Mason and Andy Norman and their wives. Bryce Goodwin made his yearly debut and Michael Willoughby showed up again. Michael stated he felt like each time he shows up I don’t win. I don’t believe he’s the jinx because there are plenty of times I don’t win when he isn’t there. Could be I’m the jinx.. . . LOL
This weekend is another Road Warrior race at Tyler County Speedway. It’s a 2 day show, Friday and Saturday, and then the Hillbilly 100 is Sunday.
Hope to see you there! Remember! To make this work, support those that support us!
Thanks again for your support,
KJ

No comments:

Post a Comment